Thursday 18 October 2012

Dead Rider Conversion

Another quick conversion I did was on my Dead Rider. The original sculpt has one hoof on a rocky outcrop, whilst I like the pose, the outcrop would have looked out of place on the cobblestone streets I'd based my crews on.

I cut the leg from the outcrop and then pinned it to a broken barrel I had in my bits box. I then bent the leg ever so slightly to get the new pose to fit anatomically.

Conversion






With this mini I decided to also take the precaution of repositioning the horns so that the point of the horn flowed back more towards the saddle. I had the horns in the original pose but they were very loose and beyond my ability to pin so this alternate pose just gives the horns two contact points and provides a stronger solution

Original Pose





No comments:

Post a Comment