Thursday 18 October 2012

Night Terror Conversion

Keeping with the theme of my bases, I had to do something about the Night Terrors being mounted on rocks. I toyed with mounting them on lamp posts but I didn't want anything that tall.

The rocks just looked out of place on the cobblestone streets so I embarked on converting one to be perching on a barrel. I cut away the rock and green stuffed the affected talon before pinning it to a barrel. As I was doing this I was struck the fact that they pose looked like the terror was about to take off and so I repositioned it slightly to look like it was launching itself off.

I had the same intention for the other pose but the more I looked at it, the less confident I was, so I reshaped the rock more like a tree stump. Whilst I'm not a overly happy with how this one turned out, in my mind its still easier to explain away the tree stump in the cobbled street than the rocky outcrop!

Conversion


Original Pose





No comments:

Post a Comment