Thursday 7 February 2013

Kirai Crew Commission Painted By TSOM

Now that I'm all caught up on my Cancon and Faux Pas event posts, I can turn my attention to the delivery I received yesterday.

As some of you know, I've been leaning on commission painting services to get my collection painted. The work I do really doesn't leave me with a lot of time and as such, I need others to bring my collection to life.

Just before Xmas I contacted Luke from The Sound of the Machines, a commission painting company operating out of Sydney. I explained that I wanted a commission that captured the original artwork for Kirai and crew, but that I also wanted duplicates to have alternate colours, so that I could photoshop the models to produce distinct cards.

Yesterday I took possession and without further ado, here is the fruits of their labours:


































I'm very happy with how they all turned out. The duplicate sculpts in particular are just distinct enough and use the same colour palette to make it easy to distinguish who is who.

My hat is off to Luke and his team who provided a great service from start to finish. I can't wait to get these minis to a game or two!


No comments:

Post a Comment